As a Lone Star Oral Surgery patient, your initial visit will be a consultation to understand your diagnosis and treatment options. There are times when the surgery can be performed on the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require your procedure to be scheduled on a separate day.
For your first visit, please provide us with the following:
- Your referral slip, if applicable
- A complete list of medications, including over the counter and herbal supplements you are currently taking
- Your insurance cards
Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all appointments.
If your procedure is scheduled on the same day as your consultation and you will be undergoing IV anesthesia, please:
- Review the pre-op and post-op instructions
- Do not eat or drink during the 8 hours prior to your procedure
- Arrange to have an adult accompany you and drive you home.
Please bring to the attention of your doctor if you:
- Have a medical condition of potential concern, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, etc.
- Are currently taking any medications, including over the counter and herbal supplements